Monday, August 15, 2016

WHAT THIS IS, AND WHAT THIS ISN'T

Dr. Maria Montessori is a genius. She's from Italy, and she worked all over the world. She's done amazing things for both pedagogy, medicine and even women's rights.

I wanted to learn from her so I took the training from Association Montessori Internationale and received my diploma. It is the most prestigious and pure training one can get in the Montessori world - it's the organization Montessori established to preserve and share her work. Some of them might be a little more than irritated with me for homeschooling and then blogging about it :-/ But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

We moved to a new city, next to a beautiful Montessori school. Not all of our kids have a spot there.

I'm a mother first, and have long been interested in homeschool. So, instead of sending any of our kids to public school, we are homeschooling.

This blog is NOT an attempt to teach anyone how to become a Montessori teacher, in the slightest. I  am not creating a Montessori school in our home. 

I am homeschooling with the perspective of a Montessori trained teacher - so I have a solid foundation on the theories about the sensitive periods, human tendancies, the order of learning, the language to be used and style of presentations, etc. I have my albums to draw from. I have a lot. 




But make no mistake: this is NOT a Montessori school. It's homeschool, with the point of view of an AMI trained guide. 

I'm putting this here because it will help me record what we are doing, and you might be looking for it. If not, there are lots of other blogs to choose from. It is not all-inclusive, that would just take too much time. But, it's a place for me to put my thoughts and snippets of our day when I feel so compelled.

Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment